Technology Officer needed!

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Technology Officer needed!

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Our web cam and weather station, as well as this discussion board, are vital to our flying experience at the Fort.

The Fellow Feathers needs a Technology Officer to take care of our computer department.

Everything is up and running at the moment, but will need attention at some point and hopefully before it crashes.
If you have skills that could fulfill our needs, please contact me ASAP!

I'm also thinking that a committee could be put together where the TO leads and the work load is shared by the team.

I feel that this is such an essential position and intertwined with the operations of the club that this person should be on the Executive Committee. More on this idea at; http://flyfunston.org/bbs/viewtopic.php.html?t=694

Here is the Technology Officer overview;

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Fort Funston club uses various technologies to enhance the overall flying experience for its pilots. The Technology Officer is responsible for:

- Keeping these technologies up and running throughout the year
- Strengthening them so they experience less down time, and
- Building new components that contribute to pilots’ enjoyment of the site

The Fort Funston Technology Officer is responsible for maintaining, fixing, upgrading and generally keeping healthy the following:

- Weather station and supporting computer
- Telephone wind talker
- Webcam and supporting computer in the clubhouse
- Webcam and related network in the Ropes building
- Flyfunston.org – web site and club officer email addresses
- Clubhouse network and wireless Internet

The Technology Officer should have enough tech skills to understand how the systems are put together, with help from several previous contributors and with the club’s documentation. Ideally the Technology Officer will be able to run and fix most of these systems him/herself, though realistically they will always need to draw on the skills of other members where needed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Again, please contact me if you can help in any way.
Thanks!!!
Last edited by Steve Rodrigues on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby dave ruiz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:40 am

you should talk to chuck krantz....he's a tech wiz...offer him some deal and i'm sure he'd consider it
"If you ain't a pilot ...you ain't shit."
dave ruiz

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks for the lead, I just sent him an email.

It would be great to have pilots like Chuck on the board who know so much of our history. :-)

dave ruiz wrote:you should talk to chuck krantz....he's a tech wiz...offer him some deal and i'm sure he'd consider it
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion