Fricking weather station - Davis Vantage Pro2

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Fricking weather station - Davis Vantage Pro2

Postby Daniel Pifko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:45 pm

The weather station is acting up again. I'll go have a look later this afternoon, but it appears to be the same Vantage Pro 2 part that's broken again. Their temperature sensor has broken on us twice already with similar symptoms to what we're seeing right now. The average wind is right but the max wind is stuck. I'll post more when I see the sensor in person.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

New part in 2-3 weeks

Postby Daniel Pifko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm

I just got off the phone with Davis.

Yes, the part is bad again.
No, they didn't fix the problem of water getting into the temp sensor in the version they last sent us.
Yes, they have redesigned it again and are sending us a new temp/humidity sensor under warranty. It's back-ordered but should arrive in 2-3 weeks.
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Postby focs » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 pm

You da man, Daniel!
focs

New sensor in my hands

Postby Daniel Pifko » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:25 pm

I have the new sensor from Davis. I'm not going to be able to get out to Funston before next weekend, so if someone can install it earlier let me know. Otherwise, it'll be put in place next Sat/Sun.

D
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

All weather, all the time

Postby Daniel Pifko » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:10 pm

The weather on the web site is now fully functional. The part in the Davis weather station was replaced. Hopefully we won't need to do it again in 3 months.

Not to jinx anything, but both webcams, the dial-up wind talker and the web-based weather station all appear to be working right now. Cross your fingers and hope to fly.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion