Re-organizing the Executive Committee

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Re-organizing the Executive Committee

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

The club has evolved over the years and I think it's about time to re-organize the Executive Committee and revise the Bylaws to reflect any major changes.

The club dropped the Westlake sticker program years ago, so the Westlake Director really has nothing to do at this point. A VM from our current Westlake Director Gordon Pollock confirms that a Westlake Director is not much of an asset to the club.

I propose we eliminate Westlake Director from the Executive Committee.

The club is in real need of a Technology Officer. Please see the discussion topic at; http://flyfunston.org/bbs/viewtopic.php.html?t=693

I propose we add Technology Officer to the Executive Committee.

This would keep the number of club officers at an odd number and eliminate the likelihood of a tie vote.

In addition, we should re-write the job duties of some officers;

Now that we have a computer data base that keeps track of voting/clubhouse members as well as stickered pilots, someone needs to do data entry. This could probably be added to the Secretary's job, or perhaps be shared with the Treasurer.

With the new "combined" membership/sticker application for voting/clubhouse members, the keys and stickers get mailed together. This combines some of the work of both the Vice President and the Clubhouse manager.

Since these are new combinations of work it will probably take a trial period to figure out what works best. I suggest that we try it out for a year to work out the bugs before we revise these job descriptions in the bylaws.

Please come to the club election meeting next Tuesday, December 9th, offer your opinions and suggestions, and vote!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 pm

The concept of dropping Westlake Director and creating Technology Officer was supported my almost every member at the December meeting.

Notice of proposed Bylaws amendment has been posted in the announcement box at the clubhouse front door.

This Bylaws amendment will be put to vote at the next two consecutive meetings, Jan and Feb 2009.
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion