Glider (sailplane) exhibit at San Carlos this wknd

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Glider (sailplane) exhibit at San Carlos this wknd

Postby Daniel Pifko » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:09 am

(this from the Hollister Glider Club)

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask everyone's help in publicizing the Hollister Glider Club's upcoming glider/soaring display at San Carlos airport. HGC is being sponsored by Diamond Aviation, an FBO on the field at San Carlos, and we'll be there on Saturday, March 1st, as well as Sunday, March 2nd, from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM each day. The purpose of the display will be to educate the aviation community and general public regarding the somewhat esoteric subject of high-performance gliders; the sport of cross-country sailplane flying; obtaining flight instruction in gliders; and the capabilities of technically advanced single engine aircraft.

Jonathan Hughes has agreed to bring his privately owned glider by, and do an assemble/disassemble demonstration for the public to view. He'll also be playing a SeeYou recording of one of his better flights on his laptop throughout the day. I will be flying N8717W, one of the Cherokee towplanes, to SQL and will be answering questions and distributing brochures. Kurt Thames has agreed to make an appearance with his Carat, and Diamond Aviation will be putting one of their Technically Advanced Aircraft on display. (This might be either a Diamond DA-40 or a Cessna C-172SP.) The display is free, and will be held on the transient ramp at SQL which is right next to the Sky Kitchen Restaurant.

I hope to do about one of these a month at selected FBOs around the
Bay Area, for as long as the weather's good.

Thanks for getting the word out,
Happy Soaring
Quest
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion